Summer is almost here, which means it’s nearly time to prep your skin and body for the sunny season. Those pasty legs will finally see the light of day again, so there are probably a few simple beauty steps you’ll want to take before you expose them to the world. Don’t fear – prepping for summer doesn’t have to be a stressful ordeal. Follow these 7 simple steps and you’ll be beach-ready in no time.
- De-fuzz without the hassle. What’s the main thing we all dread when summer rolls around? It’s got to be that regular date with the razor. While winter may be dreary, it’s the perfect time to give your legs a break from non-stop shaving. Fortunately, there are better ways to do hair removal. Book yourself in for some ipl treatment perth and you’ll be looking at permanent hair removal that will keep you razor-free for the rest of your life.
- Fake a glow. There’s no shame in wanting to get a little more colour into your skin during the summer, but tanning in the sun will do you more harm than good in the long run. Skip the sunbathing sessions and fake it instead with tanning lotion or a professional spray job. No one will know the difference, and your legs will look fantastic in your shorts without having to wait until late in the season.
- Invest in a great sunscreen. The sun can get seriously intense once summer kicks into full gear, so make sure your skin is protected from the start. Choose a high SPF sunscreen for your face, and look for an option that won’t leave your skin greasy and shiny beneath your makeup. Foundations with sunscreen built in are a great choice for beauty addicts who love to multi-task.
- Start downing the H2O. We all need to drink more water in the summer to compensate for the extra heat and those sweaty days at the beach, so get started today. Your skin will thank you, too – that added hydration helps to flush your system out, clear your skin, and give you a fresh glow.
- Simplify your makeup. A full face of makeup doesn’t tend to work quite as well once the temperature rises, so summer is a great time to simplify your routine down to hard-working basics. A BB cream works well as a foundation and moisturiser combined in one, and will give you coverage for those sunny days out without any heaviness. Combine with bronzer and waterproof mascara and you’re set.
- Find the right moisturiser. For those of us that suffer from dry skin, summer can be a difficult season. While sunscreen will help protect your skin from sun damage, it’s best to finish off the day with a rich moisturiser to keep your skin soft and itch-free. An unscented moisturiser with a short ingredient list is usually best for those with sensitive skin.
- Get a manicure that lasts. When you’re hitting the beach and trekking around in sandals all summer, you need nail polish that’s really going to last. Opt for gel manicures and pedicures instead of the standard polish, and use a proper top-coat to keep your nails in great shape no matter what the season throws at them.