Curly hair can be difficult to manage. It tends to frizz in hot humid conditions and it can generally get unruly when you are trying to style it in the morning. However, this does not mean that you are condemned to having bad hair days for the rest of your life. With the right techniques, equipment and hair products, you can get to rock your locks. Here are some tips from www.healthycurlyhair.com on how you can tame your curlyÂ hair and bring out the best of it.
- The first thing you need to do is to accept and embrace your curly hair. This is the only way you will get excited about it and try to find what works for you and what doesn’t work. Even though it is okay to want to straighten it, you may find your hair curling back to its natural condition after some time. Save yourself a lot of time and frustration by accepting your natural curls and try to find healthy and natural ways to style it.
- Keep your hair moisturized at all times. Dry hair tends to frizz. Use hair conditioners that will keep your curls moist. This includes using non-sulfate shampoo and conditioners. You can use a leave in conditioner as it will keep hair smooth and moist throughout the day. Deep conditioners are also a good option. Condition your hair on a regular basis, at least once a week.
- It will also be helpful to try and use hair products that have been specifically made for curly hair. Try them out and see how they work out for you. You can splurge or go for less expensive options depending on how much money you can afford to spend. Curl enhancing products will help to add more definition to your hair.
- Stay away from products which have alcohol, as they will cause your hair to dry. Instead, use natural oils on your hair, such as neem oil, coconut oil, amram oil, jojoba oil or olive oil. Apply any of these oils on your palm first and then gently massage them into your hair and scalp. Once you apply the oil, lightly brush your hair and then go to sleep with a shower cap on. Take it off in the morning and wash off the oil.
- If you are short on time and you need to style your hair fast, the best thing to do is to hold it up using a hair band. This is best done when the hair is still wet. This will leave the curly ends of your hair hanging at the end of the band. You can later take off the band when your hair has dried. This will leave your hair with great body.
When drying your hair after washing, use either a micro fiber towel or a t-shirt. This will make your hair less frizzy as they are gentler on curls and are more absorbent. Alternatively, you can let the hair air dry instead of using a blow dryer. If you must use a hair dryer, then use it together with a diffuser.